Wordpress DeveloperThis is a full-time semi-remote role as a web developer, working on challenging projects as part of a talented and supportive team. You will be involved in developing new websites for our clients, improving and maintaining existing websites for clients, advising clients on technical solutions as well as helping to drive continuous improvement within our technical team.
You will work in an open and relaxed environment in which you will split your time between working from home, our office near the Strand in London and meeting clients at their offices in and around London.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic and experienced developer to help our clients achieve their goals and drive continuous improvement. If you love solving technical challenges and want to be part of a positive team, then this could be the right role for you.
Skills and experience that we are looking for:
• Experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS and JS development, ideally with considerable experience working with complex WordPress projects
• Familiarity with automated deployment systems
• Experience of planning and monitoring software delivery and testing
• Experience developing accessible web solutions
• Experience with version control systems
• Experience integrating third-party APIs
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
• Understanding of internal and external business requirements
• Solid understanding of technical on-site SEO
• Solid understanding of web security
• Experience with SASS/LESS
• Familiarity with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
• Experience of working remotely & autonomously
• Leadership experience
Are you the right sort of person?
We are looking for someone who has the above skills to do the job, but perhaps more importantly, we are looking for someone who has the right attitude and who shares our vision to create a sustainable business and to help green the web.
• Be a proactive communicator
• Have the ability to communicate without jargon
• Instinctively look to always help those around you
• Be a confident facilitator, able to lead a group without ego or personal bias
• Be an unblocker, with the ability to identify problems and find resourceful/creative ways to solve them
• Enjoy variety and have the ability to switch
• Always strive to make things better
• Love simplicity
• Have an eagerness to learn
• Believe in the importance of standardisation and processes
• Have the ability to not only understand our business requirements, but that of our clients too.
• Have the ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
• Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Have the ability to successfully delegate but also be prepared to dive in and get your hands dirty when needed
• Be naturally honesty and dependable
• Flexible working
• Rewards for using renewable energy at home
• Team Days
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Free access to London’s Santander bikes
• Paid travelling for events in Europe
• Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House