UX DesignerOur client, a leading retailer are seeking an exceptionally talented and passionate User Experience Designer with solid experience working on design systems, digital products and services, to join their forward-thinking, rapidly growing Experience Design Team. You will create innovative new digital products which will change the way people shop and work at their stores. It is an exciting time to be joining the company as they are going through a substantial period of growth, and your ideas will contribute to the future of how we shop!
As UX Designer in the Design Systems Team, you will be part of a team of digital experts responsible for delivering a distinctive, harmonised digital design system that drives consistency in how things look and work across products and services within our digital ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to develop patterns and components for transactional and non-transactional websites, apps, in-store digital displays and self-service tills, as well as tools for our colleagues – across grocery and non-food!
You will work in an agile environment in a cross-functional team including UI design, accessibility, engineering and product owner, as well as with stakeholders across the business giving you the opportunity to learn and develop your professional capabilities at all times.
• Create innovative, personalised and relevant digital products that will drive loyalty, trust and profit
• Produce customer and colleague-centric, accessible user experience principles, patterns and components for our digital design system
• Use a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions
• Test and evolve your proposed designs with customers and colleagues using a range of user research tools and techniques
• With support of the Digital Experience team, consider the wider customer and colleague experiences across our digital ecosystem to ensure we are designing a joined-up experience
• Be able to clearly communicate your ideas and rationale to stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
• Proven experience as a user experience designer working on digital products and services
• Solid grasp of usability best practices, with portfolio evidence of IA tools and techniques used in practice
• Degree or equivalent in IA or related discipline
• Experience in interpreting insights from qualitative and quantitative user research
• Experience working in collaboration with UI designers and engineers, ideally in an agile scrum environment
• Passionate about all things digital, including ecommerce, and committed to creating best-in-class user experiences
If you would like the opportunity to contribute to our future shopping experience, and to champion user-centred design practices for the UK’S biggest retailer, then send your CV and portfolio over now for immediate consideration!