Senior CopywriterWe are recruiting a Senior Copywriter to join an independent integrated creative agency based in Shoreditch.
Having been around for over 25 years, this award-winning agency creates incredible, engaging ideas that go everywhere. They have incredible experience delivering on integrated projects that cover retail, shopper, on-pack, sponsorship, digital, social, experiential, TV, outdoor and press.
As the Senior Copywriter, you will be reporting into the Creative Director and will be an instrumental part of maintaining the agency’s excellent creative reputation.
Not only will it be your role to write accurate, engaging copy on a range of projects across all types of media, but you will also be working closely with a range of Designers and Art Directors to create high quality, award-winning creative concepts.
- To produce high quality, effective and award-winning work
- To be comfortable understanding, challenging and building upon creative briefs, even when they need development
- Be instrumental in developing briefs to be as good as they can be
- Be able to produce multiple concepts based on a creative brief
- Produce high quality short and long copy
- Understand tone and its role in advertising copy
- Understand balance and rhythm within copy; and have an empathy for your reader
- Be able to produce copy in a timely fashion without compromising quality
- Be able to form strong teams with Designers, Creative Group Heads and Art Directors at little notice and produce excellent work that improves the joint creative output
- Be able to manage specific pieces of business and become the go-to-person both in terms of creative and copy on that account as a brand guardian.
- Be happy and able to work on new business and produce work that will win the agency business.
- Be able to successfully present your own work
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategy behind campaigns, the relevant strategies for clients' brands and be able to work with the Planning and Account Management to help define that strategy.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience as a Copywriter
- Proven experience at producing quality conceptual work and highly crafted copy
- A broad base of experience leading to a highly flexible approach
- Knowledge of a range of different media and sectors
- Meticulous attention to detail.
If you are an individual who is committed, enthusiastic, keen to progress, a team player, have high standards and love your craft then we would love to hear from you. Once you prove your skills and ability as a Senior Copywriter, this role may have the potential to progress towards a Head of Copy role. So, if you are looking for your next career step then this could be the role for you.
Please apply with your updated CV and samples.