Junior eCommerce CopywriterA high-end fashion retail client are looking for an exceptional talented individual to join their eCommerce team in Central London.
You will be reporting into the Senior Editorial Coordinator and working alongside another Copywriter. You will be responsible for ensuring the tone of voice and content for the brand are evident everywhere, whilst writing a veritable array of communications.
You will need to be a natural with words, have good vocabulary and have an impressive knowledge of fashion and retail.
The role primarily involves writing compelling copy for product descriptions, highlighting key features, USPs and ways to wear the products which will appear across the client’s digital presences.
You will take information from production and buying teams and use it to create bullet point descriptions to sit on product pages, highlighting key features and technical information.
- You will write category text and background information on collections, prints and product ranges.
- You will also support the eCommerce Copywriter in writing copy for editorial features, product guides, weekly emails, digital marketing and headlines, straplines and calls to action for their online store’s features and campaigns.
- On an ad-hoc basis you may be required to support the client’s online trading, social and PR teams.
- You will work closely with design, buying and merchandising teams to understand the current collections and seasonal product launches.
- You’ll need to keep abreast of fashion trends as well as competitor online activity, developments and market trends and how they relate back as a brand.
- You will implement Search Engine Optimisation best practice in all copy created.
- You will review the website copy to identify areas for improvements.
- Proof-read all online content before publishing.
Strong writing and editorial skills including experience of writing copy for a live web environment. You must have the ability to create credible and accurate copy, sometimes from limited information, and re purpose that content to ensure it suits different audiences.
- Good understanding of SEO best practices and how content can support SEO.
- Must have a keen interest in fashion and a passion for the client’s product and brand.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to communicate at all levels, liaise directly and effectively with internal departments and external agencies.
- Have a creative mind with the ability to project manage.
- Be used to working in a fast paced environment and be able to keep a cool head whilst multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of how to work with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience on how to use a CMS desirable but not essential.
- This role requires a hard-working, proactive attitude with the ability to self-manage. You must be excellent at time management, flexible, adaptive to change and willing to take on constructive feedback.
- Overall, you’ll need to be a brand ambassador, ensuring that your copy and creative ideas are inspirational and engaging, whilst reflecting the brand in all markets.