Frontend DeveloperAre you a client focused and experienced frontend developer with the ability to implement robust and high-quality websites according to specification documents and user stories?
Working closely with the in-house marketing, design, UX, UI and Back-End team, you’ll play a pivotal part in crafting the online experience for our customers, every time they visit or sign into our website.
We’ve already got an optimisation roadmap planned and we are looking for a mid-weight frontend developer to help us through a continued optimisation programme on a responsive website, within an existing Umbraco platform.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the candidate will be able to demonstrate an established track record for creating exceptional performance, cross-platform code and smart, beautiful and frictionless user journeys.
Role and Responsibilities
• Confident using Adobe Photoshop, ZRB Foundation 6+, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap.
• Provide diligent user testing and ensure your work delivers an intuitive and memorable user experience.
• Advise on user interface best practices to meet performance and client requirements.
• Develop images for CDN through image software packages.
• Management of Google Search Console making recommendations and implementing optimisation.
• Coach and mentor other members of the development team where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
• Must have 4 years industry experience in a frontend environment
• Must possess a thorough understanding of web content and have access to a library of examples of recent work by successful brands and publishers.
• Strong HTML5 and CSS3 semantic hand coding skills
• Experience working with Umbraco
• Strong Photoshop skills
• Experience developing responsive websites
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
• Great attention to detail and understanding of web and mobile technologies and standards.
• Excellent project management, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in digital marketing disciplines such as SEO and W3C accessibility standards.
• Agency experience working with creative marketing projects
• Experience of Umbraco integration
• Angular 2
• Net MVC (Razor view engine)
• Familiar with email development
• Umbraco version 7
• SVN – Version control