Digital DesignerThis award-winning online food retailer based in south London is looking for a Digital Designer to join them.
Their achievements would not have been possible without a fantastic website and online presence. This is developed and maintained by a fantastic in-house team, which is a critical part of this company’s service.
They are entrepreneurial, agile, genuine and irreverent. As an innovative growing business, it is crucial that their website and online merchandising activity reflects the personality of the brand while simultaneously driving sales and delivering a superb customer experience.
We are looking for a creative and versatile Digital Designer who will be able to encapsulate the warm, friendly and informative voice of the brand into various digital products. This will include the development of the e-commerce website, online brand, campaigns and user experience.
It is a fun and collaborative working environment, with bags of creative energy. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a talented in-house e-commerce and creative team, and make your mark in a company that has a big personality and a real shared passion for what they do.
• Assist in execution and production of existing concepts to provide complete deliverables, applying style/ brand guides and templates where applicable.
• Present rationale for design choices; assure design meets business objectives as stated in creative brief
• Capable of thinking at a conceptual level.
• Providing direction to developers as and when appropriate and proactively taking part in QA processes.
• Have experience creating responsive, user centric designs for various devices including mobile, tablet and desktop.
• Keeping abreast of technology and applying within the workplace as appropriate.
• Liaise effectively with the other teams to ensure appropriate outcomes.
• Manage project timescales, working to strict deadlines and budget requirements
• Ensure quality and prepare deliverables for handoff to developers and internal clients.
Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of industry experience
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must
• A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs - Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.
• Able to update content on existing HTML templates – banners, images, colours and copy.
• A good working knowledge of interactivity and the web
• Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
• Self motivated, organised and accountable
• Strong creative design skills and conceptual ideas.
• Ability to code HTML and CSS and web standards including web accessibility. It is essential that you understand the limitations of the code, so you can design and create sites that would be fully functional.
• A strong portfolio of quality design work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and appreciation for strong teamwork ethic.
• Relevant University degree or qualification would be advantageous or equivalent commercial experience within industry
• Bachelor’s degree in design-related discipline: Interaction, graphic, web or interface design.
• Experience of mobile UI and responsive design
• An understanding of UX principles and usability/ accessibility best practice for the web
• An interest in organic food and ethical business
• Good communication skills with high standards in visual, written and oral communication.
• Resourceful and independent – can work to deadlines and standards with a minimum of supervision.
• Commitment to a hard-working, ethical and professional culture within a growing company.
• Strong desire to develop personal skills through knowledge of new design trends, technologies and industry developments.