Designer - graphic and surface/pattern/illustrationAre you a lover of high end gift ware and do you enjoy illustration?
Can you adapt your style to match a graphic but decorative style (inspired by flowers, wildlife and nature) with flourish and a bit of gilt and embossing?
Based in a light-filled studio in NW London, we are working with an independent design business, a successful British gift designer, whose illustration adorns some of the finest quality gift ware available. The MD is the lead designer and is looking to build her team of two others as the business is growing exponentially due to demand. She is looking for a designer capable of mimicking her illustrative style to adapt and change the colourways for collections.
You will act as a brand guardian to design the layout and place the images on the packaging and product and make sure it is to the right specification and standard for the brand. The role has huge scope for growth depending on your experience and skill.
As the role is likely to involve working directly with suppliers/partners to get the product artwork and to agree timeframes and specifications. You should be a confident and polished communicator and like speaking with people!
You will also work with the MD and help source props for photo shoots and attend the shoots (for e-commerce and retailers to use) and in time could take over managing this process.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Produce print designs and placements for products using CAD/Photoshop.
• Passionate about working across a breadth of product
• Experience at applying designs to different product applications working within cutter guides
• Attention to detail, constantly striving to improve the product to meet the required standards. Strong communication skills effectively critiquing products and communicating colour/ layout / finish comments to manufacturers
• An ability to work within brand guidelines, whilst bringing a unique and original approach.
• Working closely with the rest of the design team.
• Strong project management skills, multi-tasking and prioritising a heavy workload in order to meet deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent Photoshop & Illustrator skills.
• A good understanding of the limitations/ process when working with different product types.
• The ability to design in the relevant illustrative style/brand ‘handwriting’
• Experience in project management, multitasking with a proactive attitude.
• A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a similar role.