Head of Design - Hospitality & Airline AmenitiesSenior Designers/Creative Directors with a solid background in Accessories/Small Handbags/Promotional Kits/Amenities looking to join a international Design Studio in a Head of Design level and work on projects for large international blue chip brands in the airline and travel industries, this could be what you are looking for.
A major international design studio, servicing mainly the hospitality and airline sector is looking for a Head of Design to help them develop and design Amenity Kits for various airlines and hotels, with frequent cross-over opportunities with luxury high-fashion European and other world-famous designer brands
• Competitive salary package
• Good work-life balance
• High level of job security
• Regional exposure, very international company
• Head of Department, shape it the way you want
• Opportunity to collaborate with luxury high-fashion brands
• Reporting to the one of the Directors of the Hong Kong office, you will be mainly responsible for supervising the Design team to deliver overall creation and design of amenity kits (bags, socks, eyeshades, dental kits and other general amenities), mainly for airlines.
• The design will orbit around the bag(s) itself. You come up with the theme, targeted brands to collaborate with, the design, fabric, functionality and whatnot of the bag, then liaising with the rest of the design and product/sourcing team to come up with the final product
• Understand pricing, strength and weakness of various material and processes, capabilities/capacities of factories
• Project manage the entire process from sampling to final delivery, including quality checks
• Make sure products are to the requirements of the clients: specifications, budget, and delivery time
• Work closely with Brand Partnership team to design fashion/lifestyle branded products under license
• Visiting trade shows for new ideas and inspiration
• Presenting products to Sales team, or together with the Sales team to the client(s)
• Writing project briefs for new product development and existing product refreshes
• Stay up-to-date with the market trend and competitor movements
Are you right?
• Got a Degree or non degree tertiary education, preferably in Design or an Art related subject
• At least 10 years relevant experience in the design of amenities, accessories, handbags, promotional kits or similar
• Experience in working with factories, sample rooms, vendors, etc.
• Preferably proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Interest in the airline and hospitality industry
• Organized, with the ability to multi-task
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision, yet with the ability to collaborate with other functions internally and externally
• Good English required, fluent Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) highly preferred
If you are a Senior Designer/Creative Director with experience in the design of accessories, handbags, promotional kits looking for a raise and the opportunity to join an international company, get in touch with Become today to find out more about this role