Social Media DirectorSpecialist digital marketing agency is looking for a Social Media Director to join their booming business. The Social Director is a crucial role, serving as part of the agency’s leadership team and reporting into the MD. You will be pivotal to the deployment of their social operations, products, and team. You will leverage your social media expertise to build relationships with clients, mentor members of your team, support product development, and provide crucial support to the management level of the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven individual with a passion for social media, paid and owned, and digital performance advertising. Coming from a hands-on background running paid social campaigns across a variety of social networks is a requirement for this role. The ideal candidate will have entrepreneurial flair and enjoy building new relationships with stakeholders internally and externally. As a line manager, this person will get satisfaction from mentoring and developing a team, and leading by a strong example.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with clients, advocating and effectively communicating the agency’s social products
- Ability to implement and manage social campaigns, paid and owned, brand and performance. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of social advertising opportunities and market trends.
- Develop operations and best-practice that drive the success of this business unit
- Regular revenue forecasting and reporting, as well as product analysis and recommendations for management
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve products and services for clients
- Manage a medium sized team of 5 social media specialists, which will involve mentoring team members on social media strategies and best practice, and driving their professional development
- Oversee client relationships, as well as present regular product reviews and updates to internal stakeholders
- Overarching responsibility for delivering all booked social budgets and meeting team revenue targets, which includes end of month reporting, invoicing, revenue reconciliation
- Social media campaign management - strategic campaign recommendations, campaign activation, ongoing optimization and analysis
- Play an active role in new business development, working with other senior leaders and Sales to create and present tailored proposals, pitches and solutions
- Lead creative thinking and strategies, including idea generation and production
- You will be expected to take on additional responsibilities over and above those listed here when required by the agency. You will also have the opportunity to do so wherever possible in order to further your own development.
¥ Minimum 5-6 years experience in a social media management position within a digital agency
¥ Solid experience in digital advertising, with significant experience in an operational and management capacity in social media
¥ Demonstrable experience managing an operational team in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
¥ Technical aptitude in social media campaign management platforms. Additional aptitude in advertising operations and performance marketing - creative tracking tags, data, pixel tracking, website analytics
¥ Strong, demonstrable understanding of social advertising principles and best practice
¥ Current knowledge of the digital marketing industry, with a particular focus on social, content, native advertising and influencer marketing channels
¥ Time management / personal organisation; must be comfortable managing multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines
¥ Excellent knowledge of Office software, with particular competency in Excel and PowerPoint
¥ Commercial acumen, extremely strong communication and presentation skills, leadership gravitas, passion for digital media, and overall a team player mentality
This role would especially suit someone ready to step-up from a manager to director level and offers the chance to be a key leader in a people-first agency and culture!
If this sounds like you, please send your application through to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org